Let’s face it – marketing and advertising have undergone monumental changes in recent years. As a whole, we have become incredibly reliant on technology in all different aspects of our lives. When it comes to marketing a medical practice, it is imperative you stay up-to-date with the latest trends in digital advertising. Gone are the days of putting up a billboard or taking out an ad in your local newspaper. These days people turn to the internet – specifically Google – in order to find a doctor, dentist, or any other healthcare provider. This is a huge shift for the medical community and one they’ve struggled to keep up with. Not only have internal protocols changed, requiring doctors to ensure all medical information is online, but the way in which patients search for and receive care is much different.
Numerous studies have been conducted that show how the medical patient has changed over the years. Many people now have what some call “high health literacy”, which means they are often inclined to seek credible information online. This has resulted in patients becoming more involved in their own healthcare, which is affecting how you, the doctor, provides medical care. Because of these shifts, it is more important than ever for doctors to understand how to promote their medical practice and get in front of patients. There are many different digital marketing strategies out there today that can help you develop a healthy, strong, and relevant online presence. These days, it’s all about building trust and establishing your reputation, which is something Med Critic can help you with.
Digital Marketing Best Practices for Doctors
Every doctor or healthcare provider should take the time to understand just how important digital marketing is for medical professionals. Building trust and providing patients with relevant, rich information is the first step. Sure, it may seem complicated or even overwhelming, but there are a few things you can do to build a stronger online presence:
- Start with a professional website that is search engine optimized – It may help to Google yourself before you do anything else, and once you do that if you find that your website does not show up on the first page of search engine results, you’ll know where to start. Having a website that is modern, easy to navigate, mobile-friendly, and offers relevant information is an absolute must. Make sure your website is search engine optimized (commonly referred to as SEO) in order to improve your website rankings and increase traffic. Keywords are huge when it comes to SEO, as they will help bring local people to your website.
- Focus your marketing efforts – Research shows that people respond better to focused, tailored marketing campaigns. Take the time to understand who your audience is and then adjust your marketing efforts to these specific groups of people.
- Cultivate your personal brand – Today’s medical patient is looking for a doctor they can trust and who they believe truly cares about their patients. This is why it is important to cultivate your personal brand and help people get to know you. Even though we live in a technological age, Millennials and other generations are looking for that personal connection. Write blogs, engage with social media followers, and do everything you can to position yourself as an industry expert.
- Follow-up with your patients – Email is a wonderful tool that allows doctors to provide patients with more personalized care and attention. We know it can be challenging to try and stay up-to-date with all of your patients, but taking care of your patients is a must.
- Grow your content marketing efforts – Content marketing includes both blogging and social media, and it is an extremely effective way to reach both new and existing patients. Consider a podcast or YouTube channel, as these are both great platforms to interact, educate, and engage with your patients.
Do you need help with your medical practice website? If so, give Med Critic a call today. We provide local Dallas healthcare professionals with a wide range of medical marketing services, including social media marketing and SEO. To learn more, give us a call today.